Information från BKA angående sommarlägret i Bath:
”It is with regret that I inform you that due to significant problems with the Sports Training Village venue floor in Bath that we are compelled to move this year’s BKA Iaido and Jodo Summer Seminar to Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre. We were hoping that this year would see the usage of a great new venue but unfortunately these are circumstances beyond anyone’s control.
I would like to draw your attention to the following points:
1. The online bookings and related seminar and grading fees will remain the same: if you have already booked online for the event then you need not do anymore. If you have not yet booked onto the seminar then please continue to use the “Bath” booking option.
2. If you have to cancel your accommodation with the university then please do so quickly as:
a. The Uni operates a 7 day cancelations policy.
b. If booked through Bookings.com then you need to cancel with them directly they will inform the Uni who will refund
c. If booked through Beds@bath.com cancel and they will refund you.
d. If you have any problems with either contact Stuart Shamin-Vincent on 01225 38 4276 and he will help.
3. If you have to cancel your accommodation elsewhere or flights with a cancellation fee then please contact David McLean (Iaido Cashier) at firstname.lastname@example.org who will guide you through the claim process via the BKA.
4. Please try to book accommodation at Stevenage as quickly as you can. We recommend (in order of value for money):
a. Holiday Inn Express
c. Holiday Inn
5. We have for the time being removed the Sayonara Party from the online booking system until we have established the new price for this. If you have booked already then you might later have to pay an additional amount to top up the fee. If you would rather cancel then we will be able to provide a full refund. Once we have confirmed a new venue then we will put the Sayonara Party back onto the online booking system.
In the meantime please accept my sincere apologies and I hope this does not detract from the enjoyment and value of this event.
On behalf of the BKA Iaido and Jodo Bu
”It only seems like a few weeks since we met at the Spring Seminar in the UK. On behalf of the BKA Iaido and Jodo bu’s I am delighted to announce that we will be holding this year’s BKA summer seminars in the beautiful city of Bath. Those who have been there before will know that this is a very attractive venue with regards to both the training halls and the after-training facilities. Bath University offers fantastic sports training facilities which we are able to make use of after training as well. If you enjoy other sports such as tennis, swimming etc then you might want to pack accordingly. There are also lots of lovely restaurants in Bath.
The university has all the facilities you would expect from a large modern campus including shops, cafes, bars and cash machines.
I have attached the Information Pack and the accommodation booking form if you wish to stay on campus. I emphasise the need to book accommodation as early as possible as it is being booked out by other groups using the university during the summer. Alternatively there are some reasonable priced options in Bath city itself including YMCA and YHA. You can find more details on this within the information pack.
Lastly to say that the organising committee who have worked to create this event are looking forward to seeing you and having a great seminar with excellent teachers including the five sensei of the Japanese delegation and our own European (and Australian) 7th dan teachers.
Very best regards
BKA Iaido Bucho”